Fun Without Alcohol

Today's post is going to be written in English, because I have to practice for the TOEFL I must take on Saturday.

The other day I heard an opinion of one of my friends who said that the best (if not the only) way to conquer other people is to get you and the other person drunk and then make a move to see how he or she reacts. I thought his idea was neither legal nor effective, but he assured me that it had always worked for him.

I forgot that conversation until this evening, when I was waiting for the PumaBus and I was listening the conversation of two girls who were standing next to me and were talking about their sexual adventures in parties crowded with drunk people. After that, I had to ask myself if it is really necessary to ingest alcohol to socialize better and succeed in love.

My answer was that it is probably true, but it is not because humans are innately unable to party or meet people when they are sober, but because they never learn how to have some fun without drinking alcohol. At least most of my friends seem to have this problem and I have not heard from them of other ways of interacting with other people in a party apart from dancing.

I could sound like a puritan, but I believe that if there was someone who taught people some games, conversations skills or other healthy but entertaining activities, human relations would be more satisfactory. (THAT or making everybody agree to make their best effort to enjoy the evening with only two drinks or less... it would be a neat club, don’t you think?).

(Phew! I need much more practice writing)

Comentarios

Anónimo dijo…
My dear friend, I am sorry to tell you that your research is biased, for most of your friends are CIDE students...Being an alcoholic is an empirical regularity in CIDE (although there are some exceptions, like myself).

With best regards,

Luis